Skip to content Skip to main navigation Skip to footer

Whilst our village is a safe community there is occasionally some anti-social behaviour which can disrupt the lives of the residents. West Yorkshire Police introduced neighbourhood officers within towns and villages to work with residents and local organisations to help find real solutions to anti-social behaviour and other local problems. Anti-social behaviour can make an area frightening and unpleasant to live, work and relax in. This is why the Police, Council, West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service and other public and voluntary organisations need to use their powers to get to the root of the problem and take action.

There are many different types of anti-social behaviour and both the Council and Police share the responsibility for dealing with anti-social behaviour issues. Please have a look below to see which organisation would deal with your issue.


To report the problem online you will need to register for a account first.


Once you have registered you can report the following via your account:

If you do not want to register online then you can report all of these issues either by email or by phone as below:



If you wish to report any type of non-urgent anti-social behaviour you can report this online or over the phone. The first step is to speak to members of the  Wakefield South East neighbourhood policing team. The neighbourhood teams work closely with residents to help stop anti-social behaviour, so they need to know what’s happening in your area. They can provide support and advice, and help you decide how to handle the situation. Our local contact is PCSO Lorraine Kavanagh and she holds regular drop-in meetings at the Parish Community Center on Bell Lane.

Alternatively you can report the matter directly to the centralised West Yorkshire Police.

These incidents can be reported online by just filling out a form, there is no need to register for an account:

If you do not want to fill out the online form you can also report these issues by:

If you are concerned about being identified when reporting a crime, you can instead contact Crimestoppers anonymously:

  • Anonymously call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111
  • Online form


What can be done to reduce and prevent anti-social behaviour?

  • Acceptable Behaviour Contracts (ABCs) – where an individual recognises the effect their behaviour has on others and agrees to stop. This may be offered with support to help them do this.
  • Criminal Behaviour Orders (CBOs) – court orders to tackle persistently anti-social individuals convicted of an offence. Breaching a CBO can lead to up to five years in prison and / or a fine of up to £5,000.
  • Closure Powers – shutting down premises being used or likely to be used to cause nuisance or disorder. Closures can last for up to six months. Breaching a Closure Order can lead to up to 6 months in prison and / or a fine.
  • Designated Public Place Orders – to limit drinking of alcohol in a set area. Alcohol can be confiscated and anyone refusing to cooperate can be arrested. The penalty is a £50 fine or being banned from drinking in public.
  • Public Space Protection Orders – to deal with particular anti-social behaviour in a public space. Failure to comply can result in a Fixed Penalty Notice or court fine.
  • Fixed Penalty Notices and Penalty Notices (fines) – can be used by police officers, PCSOs and accredited council officers to impose fines of up to £80 for causing a nuisance.
  • Dispersal Orders – can be used to move people away from a particular area if there is, or is likely to be anti-social behaviour, crime or disorder. People under 16 years of age can also be returned home. Failure to comply can result in 3 months in prison and / or a fine.
  • Community Protection Notices (CPNs) – to stop a person, business or organisation committing anti-social behaviour ,and deal with particular ongoing problems or nuisance. Failure to comply can lead to sanctions including a Fixed Penalty Notice and / or forfeiture.

Back to top